Arizona Stadium East Stadium Addition
Originally constructed in 1929, Arizona Stadium at the University of Arizona has been renovated and expanded many times. The addition of a second tier on the East side of the stadium which added 17,000 seats completed by MWG in 1975 was significant not only becasue of it’s size and complexity, but because of it’s relationships. John A. Martin & Associates (JAMA), a Los Angeles-based structural firm, was originally tasked with the project but sought help in construction with a local firm. MWG provided the assistance and the joint effort began a more than 40 year affiliation with the firm and the Martin Engineering Group, a consortium of structural offices across the Western United States. Association with the Martin Engineering Group and JAMA continues to this day.