Interested in a career with a growing, multi-office Structural Engineering firm committed to excellence? Martin, White & Griffis (MWG) is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm providing some of the most trusted engineering solutions in Arizona.
Founded in 1969, the firm provides structural engineering and special inspections from its headquarters in Tucson and office in Phoenix. Affiliated with the Martin Engineering Group, a network of engineering firms that are wholly owned subsidiaries or partners of John A. Martin & Associates in Los Angeles, MWG works on diverse and challenging projects across the Western United States.
With a total staff of more than 25, MWG is committed to employees and their families, and offers competitive salaries and benefit packages, mentoring and community building opportunities, and supports movement between affiliate offices when appropriate. The firm is focused on our employee’s professional development, supporting licensure, providing technical resources, and cultivating a respectful, attentive work environment that fosters quality engineering and work-life balance. Benefits include health insurance, vacation and sick time, 401k, and short-term and long-term disability. The Phoenix office has a gym and fitness center available to employees.
To apply, please respond with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only direct applicants need to apply. No recruiters, please.
We look forward to adding enthusiastic qualified candidates to the MWG Team!
Senior Structural Engineer
M.W.G.’s Phoenix office is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer, able to lead education, healthcare, government, or municipal projects, including client and internal team management. Candidates should have design experience with wood, steel, and concrete, possess a strong analytical background and be flexible in assigned tasks. Other key attributes include:
- Understanding of traditional and alternative delivery models, schedule management, and collaborative working environments.
- An MS in Civil or Structural Engineering with S.E. Licensure and more than 10 years of experience in the industry.
- Proficiency in Structural Modeling using a variety of programs, including RISA-3D, RAM Structural, and Enercalc. Candidates should also have an understanding of ETABS, RAM Concept, SAP 2000, STAAD, and other advanced analysis methods.
Structural Engineer / Structural E.I.T.
M.W.G.’s Phoenix office is adding Structural Engineering staff interested in working on challenging education, healthcare, municipal, and government projects of all scales. Candidates should be able to work and communicate well as part of a team environment, have a thorough knowledge of basic computer skills, and above all, have an eagerness to learn. Additional requirements include:
- Completed or be currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- A P.E., S.E., E.I.T., or I.C.C. certification (preferred but not essential)
- Possess a minimum of 4 years to 10 years experience at the Structural Engineer level, or
- Possess a degree to 4 years experience at the Structural E.I.T level
Specific tasks may include:
- Design and detailing for structural components of various materials
- Understanding and applying governing codes
- Understanding and working with Structural and Architectural drawings
- Working with Architects, Contractors, or other Design Professionals to resolve complex issues
- Conducting field visits to inspect or observe construction
- Writing inspection/observation reports
- Reviewing shop drawings for compliance with structural drawings
M.W.G.’s Phoenix office is looking for a BIM/CAD Operator for projects focused on education, healthcare, government, and municipal projects. Candidates should have a collaborative and problem-solving approach. Other key attributes include:
- Create quick actions utilizing the command language of the system to assist in drawing creation.
- Utilize practical construction knowledge in the preparation of drawings.
- Perform routine assignments requiring a thorough knowledge of CAD/ BIM system standards, practices, and techniques.
- Develop increased proficiency in system operation with a resulting increase in productivity and learn how to use all software options.
- Review work order and procedural manuals as necessary to determine critical dimensions of design.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience.
Educational and experience requirements include: High school diploma/GED and drafting courses required; one to two years technical training preferred. Basic knowledge of and ability to use architectural drafting tools. Minimum of two years of design, engineering, or construction, or relevant experience.